Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slumdog Millionare Review


I am soooo sorry for not posting my review sooner- I GOT ENGAGED! My mind has been swimming with wedding ideas so I really haven't been watching movies. However, I promised a review of this movie so I must do it.





Honestly the only thing I can say is that this movie deserves every single award it has been given or nominated for. Music, acting, costuming, story- Everything is perfect. This has all of the charm of an independent movie with all the pizzaz of a major blockbuster.


Interestingly, this movie is told through the eyes of a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants to be a Millionare?" A contestant who has never been to school, works as a servant, and is generally looked down upon in Indian society has made it to the final question worth 20,000,000 Rubies (currency in India). Because of his shortcomings he is accused of cheating. Police take him away and proceed to torture him to get him to tell them how he cheated. They go through every single question- all with flashbacks from his life explaining how he knew the answer. Basically he knew the answers because of luck. Had he been asked other questions he would have no idea. What emerges is a great and touching love story.


This movie is all around incredible!

4.5 out of 5 Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment